Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Beatles smoking habit snubbed out

Record bosses are erasing any evidence of The Beatles penchant for smoking from the cover of an album re-release.EMI are shipping a new version of LP 'Capitol Albums Volume 2' on April 3, but there will be a distinctive difference on the cover.While John, Paul and Ringo were seen puffing away on the evil weed on the original 1964 version, they've magically kicked the habit on the re-release. And that's not the only thing to have vanished into thin air, two of Ringo's fingers, that were holding a cigarette, have also gone on the missing list.The band were all big smokers, with John still smoking when he was shot dead in 1980.Paul is believed to have quit in the 80s, but his wife Heather Mills recently revealed he was still smoking marijuana until former wife Linda McCartney died in 1998. She said "I would not get married to him if he was taking drugs."
http://www.lse.co.uk
/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=RP281823J&headline=
the_beatles_smoking_habit_snubbed_out

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Pretty interesting. When are you going to post your power point?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Pretty soon, I gave my speech last week and my professor still has my USB flash drive. When she gives back my flash drive I will post it. I hope I did good on the speech part. I took one of her exams today and I made a B+. I studied two week for that exam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degrees