Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Black Sabbath drummer blasts Lennon movie

Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward is lashing out at the people behind an upcoming movie about the man who killed John Lennon. On his official billward.com website, the newly inducted Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer wrote, "As a Lennon fan (and) admirer, I can't believe that this film is coming out on general release. I object completely that we have available to us a movie about a guy who robbed millions of people of so much, who stamped out a brilliant mind, and who broke apart a family... Whoever is responsible for this movie, the money, the producers, the cast, the music, I fail to see how you can participate in anything that could bring more infamy to an already infamous murderer, robber, and pain-bringer. I curse this movie, and hope that it rots in hell. I hope it's an utter failure... This movie can only open up old wounds. For the sake of what? Truth? I think not."Ward also said, "When John Lennon died, my heart broke, and I've never gotten over his death, and I know that millions of other people got hurt also... For me personally, it feels like another kick in the b--ls. It still hurts. He's been dead now for awhile, but it still hurts."The movie is called Chapter 27, and it's based on the true story of a fan who befriended Mark David Chapman on December 8th, 1980, the day he killed Lennon. It stars Jared Leto as Chapman and Lindsay Lohan as the unknowing fan. Chapter 27 should be released next year. The film's title reportedly comes from the "missing" chapter from J.D. Salinger's novel A Catcher In The Rye, which Chapman was obsessed with in the months before stalking and killing the Beatle.
http://www.therockradio.com/2006/03/black-
sabbath-drummer-blasts-lennon.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degrees