Friday, June 23, 2006

Ono 'Still Suffering' After Lennon's Murder

John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono is "still suffering" the loss of the late Beatle more than 25 years after he was murdered.Addressing a conference to mark International Widows Day in London today (23JUN06), the artist and musician spoke of her heartache and urged people to "give widows a chance".She said, "It has been 25 years since my husband passed away and I still cannot get used to the idea."It is not just me, but my son who is still suffering from the loss of his father. I must confess that widowhood was something I did not think of very much until I became a widow myself."Largely because it was something that is just not talked about, especially widowhood as a social issue. The subject of widowhood in fact remains taboo in our society, more so than sex, money or politics." The event, which also featured New York senator Hillary Clinton and actress Joanna Lumley, was organised by The Loomba Trust, a UK-based charity helping the children of poor widows.
http://www.pr-inside.com/ono-still-suffering
-after-lennons-murder-r9170.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degrees